A brief introduction
PHP (acronym for Hypertext Preprocessor) has become one of the major players on the web development market in the last few years.
PHP represents one of the most accepted open-source programming language. In other words, PHP is a scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML.
A very basic example:
The syntax of the language is originated from the C, Java, and Perl.
The main benefit of PHP programming language from the Perl and Java is the possibility of HTML document developing with the embed commands of PHP.
The amount of time for the PHP software development products is much smaller than other programming languages. These products are easy-modified and supported in future.
Main advantages of PHP software development technology:
- One of the important advantages of PHP is its software engine. It is not just a compiler or interpreter, it is the relaying interpreter. This structure of the software engine makes possible of high-speed script process.
- It’s simplicity represents another advantage. Actually, the PHP script consists of 10.000 symbols or even from the one line – it depends on the project requirements and development purposes.
- Another important advantage is the low development and maintenance cost with high performance and reliability.
- PHP will run on most of the platforms, which makes it platform independent.
- PHP is open source, which means you don’t have to rely on the manufacturer in order to release the next version, in case something doesn’t work, or even pay for expensive upgrades.
- PHP is easy to understand for the developers that work in distinctive spheres. It minimizes the learning efforts, because it’s based on C and PERL.
- PHP is compatible with servers like IIS and Apache
New features in the latest PHP version:
- Improved performance: PHP 7 is up to twice as fast as PHP 5.6
- Significantly reduced memory usage
- Abstract Syntax Tree
- Consistent 64-bit support
- Improved Exception hierarchy
- Many fatal errors converted to Exceptions
- Secure random number generator
- Removed old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
- Return and Scalar Type Declarations
- Anonymous Classes
- Zero cost asserts
Also, you can read in one of our articles the main differences between PHP 5 and PHP 7 and the main compelling reasons for why it’s worth upgrading.
Are you curious about what can we build in PHP?
We offer best solutions and strong answers for a variety of projects, relying on the best open source technologies. We develop custom PHP applications or rely on existing platforms and MVC software frameworks, such as Zend, Laravel, Symfony, PhalconPHP and CodeIgniter.
Furthermore, we can offer you dedicated teams or individual developers, depending on your needs.
Also, we create secure and attractive e-commerce solutions, customizable to your taste and style.
Best part? You will have full control over every functionality that you might need, so you can ensure your customers have the best experience possible!